GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
1. It is the goal of the New River Valley Regional Jail Authority to provide written policy and procedures that will ensure that all personnel of the New River Valley Regional Jail treat persons in a manner that protects their constitutional rights including:
A. Freedom from discrimination based on race, religion, national origin, sex, handicap, age, or political beliefs.
B. Protection from personal abuse, corporal punishment, personal injury, disease, property damage and harassment.
C. The public and /or inmates exercising their constitutional rights or seeking judicial or administrative redress are not subjected to reprisals, penalties, discrimination, or harassment.
2. The Superintendent and senior staff will formulate goals and objectives for dissemination to Supervisors and staff. Goals and objective will be reviewed and updated at least annually and transmit those completed goals and objectives to all employees.
3. The New River Valley Regional Jail is an Equal Opportunity Employer that subscribes to the principles and requirements set forth in the Equal Employment /Affirmative Action Program.
4. It is the New River Valley Regional Jail policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, martial status, status as a disabled Veteran, or status as a person with a disability, in accordance with applicable laws.
5. It is the objective of the Superintendent to keep the New River Valley Regional Jail in full compliance with standards established by the Virginia Department of Corrections (DOC), Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS), and the NationalCommission of Correctional Health Care (NCCHC). By successfully maintaining compliance with established correctional standards, the following goals will be achieved:
A. To provide for the protection of society by the safe keeping of persons committed to the New River Valley Regional Jail.
B. To provide for the protection, care, health, and welfare of the inmates.
C. To make available programs for the improvement of the inmates.
D. To provide a safe environment for the persons responsible for the care, custody, and supervision of the inmates incarcerated in the New River Valley Regional Jail.
E. To provide for a fiscally sound operation.