The Work Release Program at NRVRJ began shortly after the opening of the new Dublin facility in 1999. Since its inception, our program has seen a large number of non-violent offenders make the successful transition from incarceration to full-time employment in our communities. Most continue to be employed with their pre-release employers.
Each work release applicant must go through a careful screening process that begins with a recommendation from the sentencing judge. Sentenced offenders who are referred by the courts are then screened by NRVRJ staff to ensure that the following criteria are met:
- Must have permanent full-time employment and a suitable method of transportation.
- Must be physically able to work and medically cleared by the NRVRJ medical staff.
- Must be within twelve (12) months of release.
- Must not have any detainers or pending charges.
- Must have a satisfactory jail adjustment record.
- Must not be considered a risk or threat to the community.
- Must not be convicted of a violent crime or have a demonstrated pattern of violent or assaultive behavior.
- Must not have been charged with, or convicted of, a sex crime.
- Must not be considered an escape risk.
- Must not have been previously revoked from a work release program.
- Must have ties to the community (either employment or residence).
- Must have employment within our jurisdictions.
- Eligibility criteria prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, or national origin.
Work Release participants continued to be housed at NRVRJ throughout their tenure on the program. Each individual is monitored and is subject to random drug testing.
Transportation to and from the job site is provided by NRVRJ for those on the program who cannot provide their own adequate transportation.
If you are an employer interest in joining the family of employers who have been the key to the successful reintegration of non-violent offenders into the workforce, and would like more information on the Work Release Program, please contact one of our Work Release Counselors.
Officer Angie Gautier
Work Release Coordinator
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Phone: (540) 643-2033