How To Apply for a Job at NRVRJ
Application and Testing Process
Submit your downloaded application and personal history statement via email to Human Resources Manager, mail or hand delivered to:
New River Valley Regional Jail
P.O. Box 1067
108 Baker Road
Dublin, Virginia 24084
Upon receipt of your application and personal history statement, you will be asked to sign a Release of Information Form.
Applicants must complete the following phases in the hiring process:
- Written Exam & Physical Agility Test
- Background Interview & Investigation
- Pre-employment physical & drug screen
- Final approval by the Superintendent
Applicant Document List:
You will need to supply copies of the following documents to process your application.
- Current Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate
- DD-214, if you have been or currently in the Military
Human Resources will contact the applicant with instructions and the testing date. You must successfully complete the written exam to be eligible to take the physical agility test.