The New River Valley Regional Jail (NRVRJ) is located in Dublin, Virginia and serves the counties of Bland, Carroll, Floyd, Giles, Grayson, Pulaski, Wythe and the City of Radford, VA. The building houses administrative offices, a magistrate’s office, public and professional visiting areas, kitchen, laundry, library, classrooms, and medical units and currently houses over 800 inmates.
The NRVRJ is currently seeking a Night Shift Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to provide quality nursing care to incarcerated persons and perform a variety of healthcare and diagnostic procedures within the scope of your licensure.
As a valued member of our medical team, you will perform a variety of nursing duties which could include:
- Perform basic and intermediate medical evaluations, physical examinations, and assessments of the inmate population
- Provide daily nursing, first aid, and emergency medical care and treatment in accordance with physician approved protocols
- Conduct daily nurse sick call; administer medications, to include injections in accordance with the jail physician’s orders
- Control, issue, and monitor the use of medications in accordance with the Code of Virginia
- Performs vein puncture and collects other laboratory specimens
- Complete reports and medical forms, assists with physician’s sick call, and performs other medical duties as assignedKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
General and intermediate knowledge of both the common and more complicated medical practices, procedures and techniques associated with standard physician examination. An intermediate knowledge of medical diagnostic processes with the ability to administer medications, perform basic and intermediate treatments, first aid, and emergency procedures as prescribed and/or as necessary. Requires the ability to:- maintain and document accurate, concise, and clear records and reports
- We welcome new Graduates!
- – understand and strictly adhere to the security guidelines
Two (2) years of LPN experience in a clinic environment desired, but not required.
- – follow technical, oral, and written instructions in exact detail
Must have successfully graduated from an accredited school of nursing program and have/or be awaiting Virginia licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
With over 200 employees, the New River Valley Regional Jail is a premier employer of choice in Southwestern Virginia. Conveniently located near Carroll, Floyd, Giles, Grayson, Pulaski, Wythe and Radford we strive to hire and retain employees who bring dedication and talent to the workforce. The NRVRJ strives to offer a competitive, cost effective, and quality benefits package to help promote health and financial security for you and your family that includes:
- company-sponsored health, dental and vision plans
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA’s)
- Life insurance
- Short and long term disability coverage or sick leave bank
- Optional supplemental insurance plans
- Virginia Retirement System
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Promotional and educational opportunities
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedules
How to Apply:
For your convenience NRVRJ accepts a variety of different application formats. Please submit your completed Virginia State Application with resume (optional) using one of the methods below:
Through Facebook Jobs or Indeed
The New River Valley Regional Jail is located at 108 Baker Road, Dublin, VA 24084
Email your completed Virginia state application with resume (optional) to the Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Human Resources, New River Valley Regional Jail, PO Box 1067, Dublin, VA 24084 or fax to 540-643-2010.
New River Valley Regional Jail is an EEO/Veterans/Disability/Drug free Employer
Connect with us…